Meal 2 was also a success! This one was super fun, but again made me wish I had a dishwasher because there were so many dishes.
Also we should establish that my kitchen (my house as a whole) is very small so while I CLEAN all the time there is only so much tidying that can be done so my counters are a always covered in boxes and containers that have no other home.
This time it was breaded chicken with an arugula corn salad with mustard vinaigrette.
- I loved the breading technique for the chicken
- Mustard/water mixture
- bread crumbs
- I enjoyed the portion size again, it was not too small, plenty filling and while not low calorie (700 or so) it's not outrageous for a full dinner meal.
- The salad could use some non-arugula greens to balance the peppery-ness of the arugula
- All of the recipes call for too much oil
- So many packages/package waste (again I think that is kind of the nature of this business/product)
- corn is a pain to cut off the cob without getting it all over the kitchen.
- I don't love instructions that say things like "take half of the" I'd prefer to just measure it out correctly. I'll admit that I could based on the full recipe, but it might make more sense to say measure out 2 Tbsp of the mustard (in the first instruction) and then use the rest of the mustard
- these blue apron dishes do not seem to work well for leftovers (but again, the product is not designed for leftovers, I'm just 1 person and the smallest order is for 2 people so I always have 2 meals)
Changes I would make next time
Use a regular (not non-stick) pan for everything. I am not a fan of non-stick pans for most food, but currently I only have a HUGE sautee pan so I used non-stick and it just doesn't color as well.
Use frozen corn instead of fresh off the cob
Eat it off of a pretty plate instead of an ugly one
Overall it was again a complete success!